Portable Generator Safety & Usage Tips
Here are a few generator usage tips you should keep in mind
- Wattage - Determine what appliances you will be able to run with the wattage guide.
- Testing - Perform a dry run of your generator to make sure you are familiar of how you will operate it during a power outage.
- Flashlight - Keep a flashlight handy to find your way to your generator.
- Location - Keep your generator conveniently located.
- Electric Start - If your generator is equipped with electric start, keep the battery charged.
- Lubrication - Run your generator occasionally to keep the engine well lubricated.
- Powering Your Generator - Keep an adequate supply of fresh gasoline and extension cords. Use fuel stabilizer if you plan on extended storage.
- Plugging In - Plug in appliances one at a time being careful not to overload the circuits.
- Cool After Use - Allow your generator to adequately cool-down before storing.
- Cover - Use a storage cover to keep the generator free of dirt and debris.