When doing lawn mower engine repair and maintenance, you may need to find specific parts and specifications for your equipment.
You will need to know your small engine model specs if you’ve asked:
- What oil type does my engine need?
- What is the valve clearance for my small engine?
- What is the head bolt torque for my engine?
- What type of gas should I put in my lawn mower?
- What parts do I need for a horizontal or vertical shaft replacement?
The complete source of specification information would be your engine's repair manual (Lookup Repair Manual by Model Number). Knowing your small engine model number also provides basic specifications such as valve settings, bore, stroke, etc.