Pressure washers are easy and safe to use when operated correctly. Here are a few usage tips you should keep in mind.


Safety Tips

Below are some other safety tips to keep in mind while using your pressure washer.

  • Always wear goggles for eye protection.
  • Wear gloves while operating.
  • Wear boots or other leather footwear. Never wear open-toed sandals or flip-flops.
  • Avoid spraying close to electrical wires or power lines.
  • Do not use near small children or pets.
  • Allow unit to cool down before storing.

Take it Outside

Carbon monoxide is an invisible, poisonous gas. Make sure that there is proper ventilation. Do not operate your gas pressure washer indoors or in other enclosed structures. If you experience dizziness, fatigue, headache, nausea or irregular breathing, turn off your pressure washer, get fresh air and seek medical attention.

know the symptoms

Know the Symptoms

Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms include headaches, dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath and fatigue. If you experience symptoms, get to fresh air immediately.

always read the owner's manual first

Always Read the Owner's Manual First

Before starting your pressure washer, it's important to read the operator's manual and follow the manufacturer's recommended precautions and procedures.

Stay Alert with Carbon Monoxide Detectors.

Stay Alert with Carbon Monoxide Detectors

A carbon monoxide alarm will alert your family before toxic levels are reached. Make sure your alarm meets current UL 2034 safety standards and check the battery regularly.

keep it away from doors and windows.

Keep it Away from Doors and Windows

To prevent emissions from drifting indoors, always place your pressure washer as far as possible away from doors and windows.

Point Fumes in a Different Direction

Point Fumes in a Different Direction

Since pressure washers sit in one place and run for an extended time, it's important to place it downwind and point the engine exhaust away from any nearby people.

If You Feel Symptoms, Leave Right Away.

If You Feel Symptoms, Leave Right Away

Very high levels of carbon monoxide can cause victims to lose conscious quickly. If you experience symptoms, don't attempt to turn off the pressure washer before moving to fresh air.

Before using your pressure washer, follow the instructions in your operator's manual.