Where Can I Purchase Engine Parts, Accessories or Specialty Tools?
Briggs & Stratton manufactures small engines and engine parts for lawn mowers and outdoor power equipment that can be used in popular brands (including Toro, Husqvarna, Troy-bilt, etc). We also may be able to provide some Murray parts and components, as well as Briggs & Stratton Power Products parts.
Purchase Briggs & Stratton Parts Online if you know your part number and wish to order factory direct. Your part number can be found by referencing the model number fo your product. If you don't know the the model number of your product, use our page for help locating your model number.
Engine parts can also be ordered via phone by calling (800) 274-4471 (continental US 48 states only). Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and International customers can obtain parts locally through a Briggs & Stratton Parts Dealer.
Canadian customers can also contact the following Briggs & Stratton Central Sales and Service Distributor for part information:
Power Source Canada
2815 Bristol Circle, Unit 1
Oakville ON L6H 6X5
Telephone: (905) 829-0006 (USA) or 800-663-9700 (CAN)
Fax: (905) 829-8611
For an alphabetical directory of manufacturers who sell or service Briggs & Stratton powered products for home, commercial, professional, or industrial use, please visit our Lawn Mower Brands directory.
We sell engine parts online and direct, but do not sell engines or short blocks factory direct or online through our website. However, replacement engines and short block (as well as the parts and maintenance products) are available for online purchase through our shop site or locally through a Briggs & Stratton dealer.
- Step 1: Check Your Manual for specs on your engine. Either use your issued manual or look up your manual on our website. To do that, you’ll need to find your Engine Model Number, Type, and Code Numbers (MTC) and/or view our video below:
- Step 2: Find Your Parts Number. After finding the model, type and engine code numbers, locate your engine service part number with the Illustrated Parts List (IPL) by searching for the correct user’s manual with the MTC numbers. Note: The service part number is NOT the number located next to the illustration of the part.
For more info, view the step-by-step guide on how to Determine the Correct Part Number. Scroll past the illustrations in the IPL to match the reference number by the illustration to the Service part number.
- Step 3: Shop Online. Visit our Lawn Mower Parts, Repair Parts & Maintenance Products section and search by the service part number to get the part's price and the option to add it to your online Shopping Cart. You may also buy parts online by searching the engine model number to find every service part available for your engine.
Please be aware that although you may have a valid service part number, it may not be found by on our website for purchase. Service and engine parts may be temporarily removed from online sales due to various issues, but will be made available again when issues are resolved.
- Step 4: Complete Your Order! Once in the Shopping Cart, you will see the availability of service & engine parts and your order's subtotal. Choose to continue shopping or checkout to complete your order. Unfortunately, we do not offer any tax exemptions on website orders.
*Make sure that you use the IPL to verify if the part is Type specific and/or date Code specific.
Have questions? Please call our Briggs & Stratton Answer Center (800-274-4471), or send us an email.
What are the available accessories for my Briggs & Stratton engine?
Briggs & Stratton offers a variety of engine accessories and attachments for outdoor power products.
- Pressure Washer Accessories & Attachments
- Throttle Controls
- Lo-Tone and Super Lo-Tone Muffler Kits
- Lubrication Accessories/Dipstick Assemblies
- Electric Starters
The following engine accessories & items can be obtained locally through a Briggs & Stratton Authorized Dealer:
For more information, please view our Master Parts Catalog (PDF). This catalog contains illustrations, descriptions and part numbers for our engine accessories.
CAUTION: Because Briggs & Stratton engines power a wide range of equipment, space limitations or interference may prevent using an accessory on an application. Check equipment for potential interference before ordering any engine accessories.
Popular tools include grease guns, starters, ignition testers, valve spring compressors, basic tool kits for carburetor repair, flywheel puller and more.
You can buy specialty tools online in our shopping section or order via phone by calling our Briggs & Stratton Answer Center at (800) 444-7774 (continental US 48 states only).
If you are still having issues locating the correct parts, please contact the authorized dealers near you to determine if they offer these products.