1. The first number on the plate indicates the model
2. The second number is the type
3. The third number is the code
• Pressure washer model numbers are located on the side of the metal overhead valve cover under the muffler
• Most portable generators have their model numbers located on the side of overheard cover as well
• Riding mowers with a twin cylinder engine have the numbers located on the top of the cover
• And tillers model numbers are located on the side of this cover, where it is more visible
Most of these numbers are easily accessed and read with only a flash light or other light source and occasionally one small tool. The push lawn mower engine featured in the video, for example, requires a quarter inch socket to remove two small bolts from the decorative engine cover so that it can be removed for an easier viewing of the model, type and code information. The numbers can then be seen on the top front side of the engine, near the spark plug. We hope this information will help you to locate the engine model, type and code number on your outdoor power equipment.
If you still have questions about your engine model numbers, contact your local Briggs and Stratton Dealer.