Before you fill up, add an alcohol-free fuel stabilizer and ethanol treatment according to the package directions. After adding the treated fuel to the fuel tank, run your mower for a few minutes so the stabilized fuel circulates through the engine's fuel system.
Gas begins to degrade in as little as 30 days which can lead to your engine's fuel system clogging and your equipment not starting the following season. Using an alcohol-free fuel stabilizer and ethanol treatment eliminates the need to drain fuel prior to storage and ensures quick easy starts next season by preventing gum and varnish build-up within your engine's fuel system. Alcohol-free fuel stabilizer and ethanol treatment keeps fuel fresh for up to 24 months.
- While the engine is still warm, change the oil and the oil filter (if equipped).
- Briggs & Stratton 4-cycle motor oil is available in two sizes, 18 oz and 48 oz, and is available through your local dealer, retailer, or online.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery terminal on units (if equipped).
- Remove the battery. Your battery should be stored in a cool, dry place.
- Clean the battery terminals using a terminal cleaner, and coat all terminals with a terminal protector. The terminal cleaner and protector can be found at your local Briggs & Stratton dealer, auto parts store or hardware store.