Before you fill up add STA-BIL Storage, according to package directions. After adding the treated fuel to the fuel tank, run your mower for a few minutes so the stabilized fuel circulates through the engine's fuel system.
Gas begins to degrade in as little as 30 days which can lead to your engine's fuel system clogging and your equipment not starting the following season. Using STA-BIL® Storage fuel stabilizer eliminates the need to drain fuel prior to storage and ensures quick easy starts next season by preventing gum and
- While the engine is still warm, change the oil and the oil filter (if equipped).
- Briggs & Stratton 4-cycle motor oil is available in two sizes, 18 oz
and48 oz, and is available through your local dealer, retailer, or online.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery terminal on units (if equipped).
- Remove the battery. Your battery should be stored in a cool, dry place.
- Clean the battery terminals using a terminal cleaner, and coat all terminals with a terminal protector. The terminal cleaner and protector can be found at your local Briggs & Stratton dealer, auto parts store or hardware store.