Before you fill up, add Briggs & Stratton's Advanced Formula Fuel Treatment & Stabilizer to the fuel.* Then, run the engine for a few minutes to circulate the additive through the carburetor. The fuel stabilizer will help prevent gum from forming in the fuel system or on essential carburetor parts.
- While the engine is still warm, change the oil and the oil filter (if equipped).
- Briggs & Stratton 4-cycle motor oil is available in two sizes, 18 oz
and48 oz, and is available through your local dealer, retailer, or online.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery terminal on units (if equipped).
- Remove the battery. Your battery should be stored in a cool, dry place.
- Clean the battery terminals using a terminal cleaner, and coat all terminals with a terminal protector. The terminal cleaner and protector can be found at your local Briggs & Stratton dealer, auto parts store, or hardware store.