Homeowners Get Early Season Look at Briggs & Stratton Corporation's Newest Innovations
HANDS-ON DEMONSTRATIONS RECEIVE OVERWHEMLINGLY POSTITIVE RESPONSE
MILWAUKEE (March 23, 2016) — For the second year in a row, Briggs & Stratton® Corporation (NYSE: BGG) has taken to the road to showcase power equipment innovation heading into the spring season. And based on reviews from more than 200 consumers, the products were a hit.
The engine manufacturer recently spent two days in Clearwater, Florida talking with consumers and giving them the opportunity to test out an array of outdoor power equipment, including:
- EXi walk-behind mower that never needs an oil change*. With Just Check and Add™, only add oil when necessary
- Quiet Power Technology™ featuring Just Check & Add for a walk-behind mower that not only never needs an oil change, but also is up to 60 percent quieter** than comparable gas-powered mowers
- InStart® featuring Just Check & Add technology that features a lithium-ion starting system for easy, reliable starting and never needs an oil change
- Snapper® 360Z residential zero-turn mower with an integrated cargo bed, providing much more utility than a traditional zero-turn mower
- Briggs & Stratton’s Pro Series™ Pressure Washer with commercial strength and durability for the toughest jobs
- Troy-Bilt® All Steel Base pressure washer brings strength to the residential pressure washer category
- Briggs & Stratton’s new surface cleaner pressure washer attachment with a wider surface area to scrub surfaces up to 4x faster
- Briggs & Stratton’s Ready Start® for Ride technology means no priming or choking on your lawn tractors, just turn the key or push the button
- Snapper’s line of 60-volt interchangeable battery powered tools including a leaf blower, hedge trimmer, chain saw, walk-behind mower and string trimmer
- Briggs & Stratton’s new Gas Off™ product, the only product designed to remove the odor and residue of gas and diesel from your hands, clothes, car and outdoor power equipment
After trying the equipment, visitors had the opportunity to tell Briggs & Stratton what they thought on video or via an online rating or review. Many took up the offer and results were exceedingly positive. Of the 213 reviews collected over two days in Florida, the average score was 4.78 out of 5.
“There is no substitute for getting to talk face-to-face with the people who use our equipment,” said Carissa Gingras, marketing director for consumer engines and service at Briggs & Stratton. “Hearing what they like and don’t like is what fuels our innovation and ensures we’re developing products that answer a need in the marketplace.”
*Under normal use conditions. To see complete details, refer to your Operating Manual. Briggs & Stratton standard warranty terms and conditions apply. Just Check & Add does not extend the warranty period. See briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/support/warranty for details.
**when compared to Toro model 20371 and Honda HRR216VKA
About Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton®, Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro® Ferris®, PowerBoss®, Allmand™, Billy Goat®, Murray®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents. For additional information, please visit www.basco.com and www.briggsandstratton.com.