MILWAUKEE (June 16, 2015) — After a long winter and muddy spring, many backyards are not ready to host summer guests. Briggs & Stratton® (NYSE: BGG) offers six tips to help homeowners prep outdoor areas and get them “party-ready” using pressure washers with POWERflow+ Technology™.
“As homeowners expand their living area into the outdoors, they want the exterior of their home to look as good as the interior,” says Dan Roche with Briggs & Stratton Portable Power & Cleaning Systems. “The new Briggs & Stratton pressure washers with POWERflow+ Technology give users a high-quality product that is easy to set up, adjusts quickly for various projects and is fun to use.”
Briggs & Stratton offers six tips to spruce up an outdoor party area using a pressure washer with POWERflow+ Technology:
- Driveways, decks and patios. . Concrete and brick driveways, sidewalks and patios, as well as wood decks can turn black from mold and pollens. POWERflow+ Technology excels at eliminating these unsightly and sometimes slippery substances. Start in high-pressure mode to clean the toughest stains, mildew and grime. Always start cleaning at a distance and move closer until the desired effect is achieved. Then use the exclusive high-flow mode – which delivers up to five gallons of water per minute – to rinse away dirt, soap and debris.
- Use a detergent. In order to remove the most stubborn dirt, mold and stains, it may be necessary to employ the help of a detergent. Be sure to allow cleaning detergents to soak 5 to 10 minutes to help break down mold and dirt before rinsing it off. Pressure washers with POWERflow+ feature on-board detergent tanks that can be activated with the turn of 7-in-1 nozzle.
- Reach the high places. Homeowners can now reach places they previously couldn’t with conventional pressure washers. POWERflow+ Technology boosts water and soap up to 30 feet away in high flow mode to help clean second story windows, eaves and gutters and even blasts away hard-to-reach cobwebs and insect nests. POWERflow+ also shortens cleaning time because it minimizes the need for additional hoses, ladders, buckets and brushes to reach areas that were previously out of reach.
- Prep outdoor furniture, planters and play things. Left outdoors in rain and shine, patio furniture, planters and children’s outdoor play sets get layered dust and grime. POWERflow’s high flow mode can again be called on to wash delicate glass-top tables and light-weight chairs, flower pots and toy things without damaging or blasting these items across the yard.
- Don't stop there. Expand the uses of a pressure washer by simply looking around the property. The time-saving 7-in-1 nozzle on POWERflow+ units allows for one-handed use (similar to a garden hose) and can be changed from high pressure to high flow without changing nozzles, making it quick and easy to complete all sorts of outdoor cleaning projects.
Briggs & Stratton’s popular line of pressure washers with POWERflow+ Technology are more than just deep cleaning pressure washers. They are the only pressure washers available equipped with the Briggs & Stratton-designed, patented pressures washer pump that delivers two separate cleaning modes: high pressure to lift dirt AND high flow to easily wash it away. The high pressure mode is idea for cleaning tough stains, dirt and grime while the the high flow mode enhances the cleaning experience by providing extended reach, power soaping, and faster rinsing capabilities — things standard pressure washers can’t do.
This innovative technology is available in two gas-powered pressure washer models with reliable Briggs & Stratton Professional Series™ OHV Engines and features up to 3000 Max PSI in high-pressure mode and up to 5 gallons per minute in high-flow mode1. One unit offers a standard recoil start, while the other is equipped with Briggs & Stratton’s Push Button Electric Start.
In addition to the gas-powered units, a newly designed electric pressure washer model is available that features up to 1800 Max PSI and up to 4 gallons per minute of water flow1, which is up to three times more water flow than standard electric pressure washers. The redesigned unit also sports an enhanced hose storage system, enlarged detergent tank, improved wheels for easier maneuverability and a fold-down handle for compact storage.
Both models tested according to Pressure Washer Manufacturer's Association (PWMA) testing procedure PWMA 101 and achieved a maximum PSI rating utilizing a 0 degree nozzle tip and maximum flow (or GPM) rating using a 40 degree nozzle tip.
Contact: Patty Lavelle
About Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of portable generators and pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro®, Ferris®, Murray®, Allmand™, Branco®, Billy Goat® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.For more information, visit www.basco.com or www.briggsandstratton.com.