By combining our easiest starting engine with our easiest to maintain engine, Briggs & Stratton is introducing our easiest engine. Ever. The InStart engine with the smart starting power of a lithium-ion battery is our most advanced starting system available, offering reliable starts at the push of a button. No more priming, choking or pulling the rope. And Just Check & Add™ means that the engine never needs an oil change for the life of the mower.* Simply check the oil and add when necessary.
How does Just Check & Add™ work?
There are two major reasons consumers usually need to change their oil:
- Debris has gotten into the oil, causing it to get dirty. Dirty oil causes wear on the engine.
- And through regular running of the engine, the oil heats up, causing it to breakdown and create sludge.
The Just Check & Add feature uses an automotive-style paper air cleaner element with a press-fit design to keep dirt out of the engine, and an improved oil fill tube with extended flange to protect the tube from debris during routine oil checks.
Additionally, the Overhead Valve and its innovative scroll design and cooling package help the engine run cooler, reducing the oil temperature. Cooler oil means slower decay and breakdown of the oil.
InStart Featuring Just Check & Add Engine Features:
- Smart lithium-ion battery electric starting technology
- Easy push button starting-no prime, no choke, just push for power
- Batteries last 3x longer than lead acid batteries
- Charges fully in one hour, delivering up to 75 starts
- 10 minutes of rapid recharging provides up to 20 starts making it easy to mow lawn if there are time constraints
- No oil changes needed for life - Just Check & Add
- Gas-powered engine delivers the power and range to cut tall grass
- Lightest-in-class for easy maneuverability
- Tool-less air filter access for easy maintenance
- 2x bigger fuel neck to make filling up less of mess