With the oil and oil filter changed, it’s now time to replace the fuel filter and spark plug prior to lawn mower storage.
• Locate the fuel filter, use pliers to slide both clamps away from the filter
• While removing the filter from the fuel line, pinch the fuel line coming from the gas tank with vice grips to stop any flow
• Install the fuel filter correctly with the help of the arrow that points in the direction of the fuel flow
• To replace the spark plug, remove and discard the old plug
• Fresh from the package, gap the spark plug to 30,000 of an inch or according to manufactures directions
• Use lubrication on the spark plug threads and install the plug into the engine
• Replace the wires and start your lawn mower, be sure to check for leaks