How do I find my direct engine replacement specifications?
There are many variables that come into play when replacing an existing engine with a new one (shaft extension, mounting base, overall fit, etc.). To ensure you’re replacing your engine correctly, read our guide below.
Information regarding your direct engine replacement is available in our Replacement Engine Catalog (MS-5568). Our engine replacement catalog shows all of the service replacement engines and provides the measurements of the engines, specification information, mounting pattern and other valuable dimensions, numbers, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: Engine mounting hardware is NOT included with new replacement engines. If replacing an engine on an existing application, reusing the current mounting hardware is recommended. If the engine is to be installed on a new application, self-tapping mounting bolts are generally needed as engine mounting holes are blank. The engines listed in our catalogs are meant to fit a wide variety of equipment and may NOT necessarily be the exact engine you currently have on your equipment.
For additional information regarding mounting bolts and torque values, please review our Engine Mounting Hardware PDF.
Service replacement engine specifications for our vertical shaft models are available through the links below. These PDF files for vertical shaft replacement engines provide the measurements of the engine, specification information, and other valuable dimensions, numbers, etc. that will assist you in seeking a replacement engine.
Lawn Mower Engines
- Model Series 9P700 - 5.50 Gross Torque/140cc
- Model Series 10T800 - 5.50 Gross Torque/158cc
- Model Series 126M00 - 6.75 Gross Torque/190cc
- Model Series 100600 - 7.00 Gross Torque/161cc
- Model Series 100800 - 7.00 Gross Torque/161cc
- Model Series 121Q00 Professional Series™ - 8.50 Gross Torque/190cc
- Model Series 121S00 Professional Series™ - 8.75 Gross Torque/190cc
Professional Series Riding Engines
- Model Series 31L700 Professional Series™ - 17.5 Gross HP/500cc
- Model Series 31Q700 Professional Series™ - 18.5 Gross HP/500cc
- Model Series 33M700 Professional Series™ - 21.0 Gross HP/540cc
- Model Series 44L700 Professional Series™ - 23.0 Gross HP/724cc
- Model Series 44Q700 Professional Series™ - 27.0 Gross HP/724cc
- Model Series 49M800 Professional Series™ - 30.0 Gross HP/810cc
Commercial Series Riding Engines
Power Built Series
Intek Series Engines
Service replacement engine specifications for our horizontal shaft models are available through the links below. These PDF files for horizontal shaft replacement engines provide the measurements of the engine, specification information, and other valuable dimensions, numbers, etc. that will assist you in seeking a replacement engine.
- Model Series 83100 - 5.50 Gross Torque/127cc
- Model Series 12T100 - 8.00 Gross Torque/205cc
- Model Series 12S400 - 9.00 Gross Torque/205cc
- Model Series 15T200 - 11.50 Gross Torque/250cc
- Model Series 20T200 - 14.50 Gross Torque/305cc
- Model Series 20S200 - 14.50 Gross Torque/305cc
- Model Series 21S200 - 16.50 Gross Torque/342cc
- Model Series 25T200 - 21.00 Gross Torque/420cc
Snow Series Engines
- Model Series 12D100 Snow - 9.00 Gross Torque/205cc
- Model Series 15C100 Snow Professional - 11.50 Gross Torque/250cc
- Model Series 20M300 Snow Professional - 14.50 Gross Torque/305cc
- Model Series 21M300 Snow Professional - 16.50 Gross Torque/342cc
- Model Series 25M100 Snow Professional - 21.00 Gross Torque/342cc
- Model Series 50000 Vanguard™ - 2.4 Gross HP/81cc
- Model Series 86400 Vanguard™ - 4.0 Gross HP/127cc
- Model Series 118400 Vanguard™ - 6.0 Gross HP/182cc
- Model Series 13L300 Vanguard™ - 6.5 Gross HP/205cc
- Model Series 138400 Vanguard™ - 7.5 Gross HP/216cc
- Model Series 185400 Vanguard™ - 9.0 Gross HP/297cc
- Model Series 19L200 Vanguard™ - 10.0 Gross HP/305cc
- Model Series 235400 Vanguard™ - 11.0 Gross HP/392cc
- Model Series 245400 Vanguard™ - 13.0 Gross HP/392cc
- Model Series 305400 Vanguard™ - 16.0 Gross HP/479cc
- Model Series 356400 Vanguard™ - 18.0 Gross HP/570cc
- Model Series 385400 Vanguard™ - 21.0 Gross HP/627cc
- Model Series 386400 Vanguard™ - 23.0 Gross HP/627cc
- Model Series 543400 Vanguard™ - 31.0 Gross HP/896cc
- Model Series 613400 Vanguard™ - 35.0 Gross HP/993cc
Engines are available for online purchase through Outdoor Power Direct, but if you are unsure which replacement engine can be used for your equipment, or would like to know if you can upgrade your existing engine, please feel free to ask questions by contacting Briggs & Stratton customer service.
Information Needed for Engine Replacement Assistance:
In order to assist you with locating a replacement engine and short block, include as many engine specifications as you can:
- If replacing a Briggs & Stratton manufactured engine, provide the engine's complete, STAMPED Engine Model, Type, and Code numbers.
- If not a Briggs & Stratton manufactured engine, provide the engine brand, power rating, and model number. (ex. Tecumseh 10 HP Model HMSK 22-22222d).
- Equipment information including brand name, type and model numbers (ex. John Deere Model 316 lawn tractor).
If you need to modify the engine’s existing electrical system to match a replacement engine, view our Electrical schematic/wiring diagrams FAQ.
Contact Your Local Briggs & Stratton Dealer
Since we do not sell factory direct, and do not know if any of the above engines will fit or need modifications without examining the equipment, please locate and consult a Briggs & Stratton Authorized Dealer near you or by calling 800-444-7774.