Assembly Instructions - 2006/42/EC
- These basic assembly instructions are intended for use by the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) for installation of Briggs & Stratton engines into their equipment.
- Reference the Operator’s Manual for additional information on the safe operation, use and maintenance of Briggs & Stratton engines.
- Engine mounting bolts must have a rating of SAE Grade-5 (DIN 8.8), or greater.
- The engine must be mounted on a flat surface.
- During the operation the engine should not be tilted more than 15 degrees.
- Electrical connection must be sized correctly, securely connected and insulated.
- Wires must be protected from sharp edges, pinch points and abrasions.
- Exhaust outlet point should be directed away from the operator.
- If the supplied engine is without a fuel tank, the fuel line must be protected from sharp edges, pinch points and abrasions.
- The fuel line must be of the correct grade according to the relevant EU, International and regional standards for the end product, and securely fastened.
- Correct engineering practices must be followed to couple the engine Power Take Off to the intended driven component.
- Hot surfaces must be guarded in accordance to the relevant EU, International and regional standards for the end products.
- For additional technical information or engine installation drawings, please contact your sales representative.
Shop Related Maintenance Parts