- These basic assembly instructions are intended for use by the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) for installation of Briggs & Stratton engines into their equipment.
- Reference the Operator’s Manual for additional information on the safe operation, use and maintenance of Briggs & Stratton engines.
- Engine mounting bolts must have a rating of SAE Grade-5 (DIN 8.8), or greater.
- The engine must be mounted on a flat surface.
- During the operation the engine should not be tilted more than 15 degrees.
- Electrical connection must be sized correctly, securely connected and insulated.
- Wires must be protected from sharp edges, pinch points and abrasions.
- Exhaust outlet point should be directed away from the operator.
- If the supplied engine is without a fuel tank, the fuel line must be protected from sharp edges, pinch points and abrasions.
- The fuel line must be of the correct grade according to the relevant EU, International and regional standards for the end product, and securely fastened.
- Correct engineering practices must be followed to couple the engine Power Take Off to the intended driven component.
- Hot surfaces must be guarded in accordance to the relevant EU, International and regional standards for the end products.
- For additional technical information or engine installation drawings, please contact your sales representative.
Shop Related Maintenance Parts
Learn how to properly and safely use, troubleshoot, and maintain your lawn mower, tractor, snow blower and other lawn and garden equipment.
Learn about the latest products by Briggs & Stratton, step-by-step instructions on how to locate your lawn mower engine model number and more!