MILWAUKEE (July 29, 2015) — Briggs & Stratton (NYSE: BGG) continues to revolutionize the lawn care industry with an output of engine innovation year after year. Depending on the needs of each individual user, Briggs & Stratton has developed engine innovations to serve the many wants of users such as easier maintenance, quieter operation, and easier starting. With a focus on user-driven problem solving, the innovations are a direct result of customer listening to solve the problems users endure each mowing season.
With the range of options available, it can seem over-whelming when it comes to selecting the right lawn mower. To ensure that users buy the lawn mower that best meets their specific needs; Briggs & Stratton suggests you should determine what features make the most sense for you and your property.
There are several things users should take into consideration when determining which lawn mower features will fit their needs:
- An easy-starting lawn mower is one of the most important features to get the job done right. The InStart® system has lithium-ion battery electric starting, with a gas powered engine that delivers up to 75 starts with one hour of charging, and up to 20 starts with 10 minutes of rapid recharging. It also starts with just the push of a button.
- Maintenance-Lawn mowers require regular maintenance each season to ensure smooth operation. For users who want easier maintenance, the new EXi Series™ engine is the first gas powered walk mower engine that will never need an oil change*, Just Check & Add™ oil as necessary throughout the season.
- Storage-Lawn mowers can be difficult to store in full garages, but the Mow N’ Stow® is an upgraded engine that enables the lawn mower to be folded and stored upright without the worry of spilled fluids and takes up 70 percent less space than a traditional mower.
- Noise-Another feature users may want to consider is engine noise. It can be a loud job mowing the lawn, but the Briggs & Stratton Quiet Power Technology™ lawn mower engine is 65% quieter** and has the same power with less vibration and smoother operation.
- Yard Size-Depending on the size of your yard, you may want to consider a riding lawn mower. The ReadyStart® for Ride is the first no choke starting engine for riding lawn mowers. This engine starts like a car, so you can just turn the key and go.
Before purchasing a lawn mower Briggs & Stratton also suggests reviewing their quick and easy features guide for push mowers and riding mowers to help users take into account all of the necessary considerations.
*To see complete details refer to your Operating Manual. Briggs & Stratton standard warranty terms and conditions apply. Just Check & Add™ does not extend the warranty period. See http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/warranty for details.
**Compared with our standard 725 Series™ push mower engine
About Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of portable generators and pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Ferris®, Murray®, Allmand™, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.For more information, visit http://www.basco.com or http://www.briggsandstratton.com.