Selecting the Right Air Compressor
Why Do You Need an Air Compressor?
An electric air compressor is a versatile machine that can perform a variety of tasks when attached to air tools, also known as pneumatic tools. Air tools offer many benefits, including:
- More torque and power than conventional power tools
- Increased durability due to fewer moving parts
- Ease of use and interchangeable between jobs
You can use an air compressor with air tools for maintenance and craft projects around the house, repair jobs in the garage, construction projects on the job site, or industrial projects in the shop. By using pneumatic nail guns, hammers, spray guns, wrenches, drills, sprayers, sanders, saws, tire inflators and other air tools, you can pump up tires, paint a fence, build a deck, repair your truck or car, roof your home or remodel your house.
Compressors are available in a wide array of sizes and styles. Choosing the one that’s right for you is really a matter of how it will be used and personal preference.
Before you go shopping for an air compressor, ask yourself the following questions:
- Where will I be using the air compressor?
- Is there a ready electrical supply?
- Which tools will I want my air compressor to operate?