A Briggs & Stratton genuine foam filter element is designed to properly fit your engine and will keep dust particles from getting into your engine.
How to Replace a Foam Air Filter
Your foam filter requires replacement every 3 months or after 25 hours of use, whichever occurs first, more often under dusty conditions.
How To Change a Foam Air Filter:
- Remove air filter screw.
- Carefully remove air filter assembly and discard foam.
- Clean all metal air filter assembly parts.
- Saturate new foam filter with fresh engine oil.
- Wrap foam in clean cloth and squeeze to remove excess oil.
- Assemble foam filter so lip extends over edge of air filter body.
- Reinstall air filter assembly carburetor.
How It Works:
The “foam only” style air filter system works by trapping dirt and debris through the use of motor oil spread throughout the oil foam holding medium. A dry or non-oiled oil foam filter will trap only the largest particles. If the air filter element is foam only, it MUST be oiled and serviced regularly.