Wauwatosa, WI (March 2, 2009) - Briggs & Stratton launched a Battle of the Bands site on MySpace, in which voters will have the opportunity to select a winner. The winning band will perform during Summerfest on June 28. The site, www.briggsbattleofthebands.com, is designed to highlight the Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard stage at Summerfest.
“We’re really excited about the MySpace Battle of the Bands,” said Todd Teske, Briggs & Stratton President. “Briggs & Stratton has a long history with music, and we are looking forward to taking this to an entirely new level through our Battle of the Bands.”
Summerfest is the World’s Largest Music Festival, located right here along Milwaukee’s Lakefront. The 11-day festival features music from all genres.
Bands can submit their music immediately, and voting can begin as soon as entries are submitted. The initial voting will close on May 3 at 11:59 p.m. The top ten bands selected by voters must then send a full CD of music to Briggs & Stratton by May 8. The top three will be selected from there, where their full catalog will be accessible on the MySpace site. The site will close on June 7 at 11:59 p.m. and the winning band will be selected immediately.
The winning band will receive “Rock Star Treatment,” which includes:
· Live performance at the Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard Stage on Sunday, June 28, 2009.
· Complimentary airline tickets to and from Milwaukee
· Limousine transportation
· A two-night hotel stay at one of Milwaukee’s finest hotels
· Special “Meet and Greet” before show
· Inside tour of The World’s Largest Music Festival, Summerfest
· Photos from visit and performance
· Video from performance for the winning band.
Briggs & Stratton