At Briggs & Stratton Corporation, we believe sustainability is a business approach that creates long-term shareholder value by embracing opportunities and managing risks derived from economic, environmental and social developments. Our legacy of corporate social responsibility and community involvement is reflected in our longstanding commitment to environmental stewardship. For over 100 years, this has meant a continuous drive to improve our operating efficiency, integrating environmentally friendly technology and renewable resources into our products, and reducing the company’s environmental footprint globally. This is our Down to Earth commitment.
Briggs & Stratton’s goal is to have its customers feel confident that the outdoor power equipment they have purchased or are considering purchasing, has been developed and manufactured with sustainability in mind, from a name they can trust.
Briggs & Stratton has been working tirelessly to eliminate waste from and incorporating recycled materials into its manufacturing process whenever possible. Here are some examples:
- We’ve invested over $105 million in improving our impact in cleanliness of our products and operations in the past decade.
- We use over 100 million pounds of recycled aluminum in the production of our products every year.
- We have achieved a 50% reduction in hazardous waste over the last five years.
- We use recycled cardboard and returnable containers for shipping.
- We recycle over 250,000 gallons of oil annually.
- We have saved 5.4 million kilowatt hours of electricity in facility lighting projects.
- Annually, the company recycles approximately 35,000 lbs of computer and electronic devices.