for a Free In-Home Estimate
Generator Installation Made Easy
At Briggs & Stratton, we understand no two homes require the same backup power solution. From the layout of the property, location of the service panel to the lights and appliances requiring backup power, installing a standby generator system is truly a custom solution. That’s why we’re dedicated to making installation seamless and stress-free for you, the homeowner.
Select one of our dedicated certified Briggs & Stratton dealers from a network of more than 2,500 to be your guide through all of the steps in the installation process. Learn why working with a generator dealer helps make the buying process easy.
Start with an In-Home Consultation
- Determine standby generator size, installation & permit requirements
- Discuss fuel options: propane vs. natural gas generators
To start the home generator installation process, your local dealer will conduct an on-site visit to determine your home’s specific installation needs and what local permits are needed before starting.
Your dealer will check your electrical meter, gas lines and circuit breaker panel location to help scout the best placement option for your generator unit and determine the wiring specifications your home will need.
Finally, the dealer will also discuss which fuel option — natural gas or liquid propane — is available and will work best for your home’s generator system.
Standby Generator & Installation Price Estimate
- Dealer will recommend best standby generator & module placement
- Pricing estimates will be based on
- Standby generator cost
- Required transfer switch and modules
- Generator installation cost – largely dependent on home electrical and fuel configuration
- Permit costs, labor and other incidental requirements
In addition to the physical installation needs your dealer will walk you through during your consultation, you will also discuss any home generator accessories you may want to consider purchasing along with your standby system and lastly what generator financing options are available to you.
Standby Generator Installation: Prep & Installing
- Dealer will obtain necessary permits
- Dealer will finalize installation requirements (concrete slab vs. underground wiring) and order necessary materials
- Schedule standby installation date
- Note: Generators cannot be installed when ground is frozen to plan accordingly
- Late spring, summer and early fall are ideal times for cold climate residents
The dealer will also use the visit to decide which local permits you will need to legally install a standby generator system on your property. The dealer will also decide if your generator will require special placement on concrete slab or if any wiring will need to be buried underground from the home to the generator unit.
Call for a Free In-Home Estimate: 1-888-357-4779
Start Today »
Learn how you can provide permanent backup power for you and your family.