EMAIL SIGN UP
THE BEST WAY TO SAVE
Our Starting Promise™
Briggs & Stratton understands that starting ease is the feature most sought after by consumers when purchasing a walk-behind mower. Briggs & Stratton offers the widest selection of easy-starting engines of any small engine manufacturer.
With ReadyStart® technology, Briggs & Stratton has set new standard for starting by taking the guesswork out of starting your mower. With ReadyStart, there's no need to manually prime or choke the engine on your walk behind, even from a cold start. Now even the least experienced lawn mower user can confidently start their mower.
If you buy a lawn mower with our Starting Promise™, we promise it will start in two pulls or less for two years or we'll fix it for free!
- Covers defects in engine materials or workmanship that may prevent the engine from starting
- Includes the cost of parts and labor for repairs related to the starting system
- Provides two years of coverage from the original date of purchase
- Briggs & Stratton can make the promise that your engine will start thanks to:
- 100 years of innovation and design
- Constant testing to ensure our customers get a quality engine
The Starting Promise™ is valid on qualifying products purchased on January 1, 2009, or later. This warranty applies for a period of two years from the date of the original purchase and covers defects in engine materials or workmanship that may prevent the engine from starting on the first or second pull. It includes the cost of parts and labor for repairs related to the starting system. Transportation costs to and from the repairing dealer is the owner’s responsibility.
Parts and labor costs of routine maintenance items, for such as air filter, spark plug, oil change, fuel filter, and fuel system maintenance, are not covered under this provision. The use of non-original Briggs & Stratton service parts may void this warranty if related to the starting problem.
The warranty excludes special operational conditions that could require more than two pulls, including:
- First time starting after an extended period of non-use or after seasonal storage
- Cool ambient temperature starting, such as found in early Spring or late Autumn
- Failure to follow the recommended guidelines for fuel and oil usage as specified in the operating manual
Engines used commercially are not covered under this provision. All other exclusions of coverage noted in your engine Operating Manual under “About Your Warranty” apply.
Warranty service is available only through authorized dealers by Briggs & Stratton Corporation. Locate your nearest Authorized Service Dealer in our dealer locator map on BRIGGSandSTRATTON.COM; or by calling 1-800-233-3723, or as listed in the
*The Starting Promise™ applies to the following models: 675 Series™ models 126L and 126T, 700 Series™ models 128T and 128L, 700 Series™ DOV® models 1006, 1016, 1008 and 1018, and Professional Series™ models 11P9, 111P, 12Q9, 121Q, 12R9, 121R, 12S9, and 121S.